Thursday, December 08, 2005

The Day the Music Died

John Lennon touched the lives of most everyone in my generation. For me the attraction to John was his peace-loving nature and to-the-point attitude. To be perfectly honest, the Beatles were not one of "my things". Being born in 1967, I missed all of the Beatlemania, but I saw the wonderful person that John Lennon was later in his life. I honestly believe that if John were alive today, at 65 years old, he would still be active in finding a peaceful resolution to the war. My Wonderful Man picked up a Life magazine special edition dedicated to John, and it was cool seeing all the photos of him, the Beatles and Yoko. I remembered a lot of them and some I had never seen. The one that blew my mind, and I did remember was of John and David Chapman just hours before he gunned him down. The murder of John Lennon, 25 years ago today, rocked my senses. I couldn't, and still cannot, imagine why anyone would kill this peaceful man. Yes, he had become reclusive and could be very opinionated. One incident of his blunt style was a letter he wrote back to a fan who after hearing the album Imagine, offered spiritual advice and included a pamphlet, "Four Spiritual Laws", which he wrote on "this might help". To the fans surprise John responded personally and basically told the fan to back off.
The world is definitely a better place because of John Winston Ono Lennon.


2 Comments:

Blogger Danielle Solzman said...

John is missed greatly still.

11:07 PM  
Blogger lifemundane said...

Yes, I still don't feel anyone can replace him.

1:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home