Monday, November 28, 2005

A Visit from the Children

I drove down to pick up the children on Wednesday, which was only the busiest traveling day of the season. On the way to pick up the children, a rig turned over and stopped traffic for about 30 minutes. To say the least, I was happy to see our little home when we finally got here. I live in a small three bedroom trailer. It is great for Brett, Sarah Beth, Nate the Great and me; but when you add four others to the mix it becomes a bit cozier! Molly, Stephanie’s best friend, came to visit with her this time. She is a riot to be around, and her and Stephanie together keep me laughing constantly.
They went and saw the movie Yours, Mine & Ours. They have also got a great deal of Christmas shopping done and spent alot of time together. I had to work Friday and Saturday, so they were on their own some. One morning they walked up to Applebee's, where Sarah Bath works, to have lunch. We went to Wannamaker park with my Momma and played for about 2 hours, which Savannah & Nate thought was great. I honestly think the older children had just as much fun as the younger. I took Eli, the son of Cherrie, with us and that gave someone Savannah's age for her to play with. Afterwards, we stopped at the Waffle House for coffee and food. My Momma's best friend, Sheila, joined us for coffee. It is nice to see that my Momma has a friend like her. The last day they were here, the girls went to the mall ( again!) and the guys went to the flea market. I took them back to Orangeburg to meet David about 7pm and tried to not cry on my way home. Even with four days to spend with them; it wasn't enough. I believe they had a great time and they are looking forward to being here again at Christmas.

Here is the latest picture of Nate, the Great. Check out the new haircut. Little guys just don't sit still for haircuts that well, and this is what we ended up with.




1 Comments:

Blogger Lexie said...

I remember going to see the original "Yours, Mine and Ours" with Lucille Ball and Henry Fonda!!! It was one of Moms favorite movies!!!

10:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home